Benefit Of Royal Jelly
What is it?
Royal jelly, unlike many supplements, is not the product of a plant. Instead, it
is literally the food that creates queens bees, that is. Worker bees secret this
milky white substance from glands on their head. Royal jelly is a combination of
flower nectar, sugars, proteins, and bee glandular secretion.
For the first three days of a larval bee’s life, it is fed royal jelly. After three days, however, royal jelly is only fed to the larva that is destined to be the Queen. As a result of this diet, the queen bee is nearly 50% larger than her dutiful servants are, and she lives an average of six years, compared to the six-week lifespan of those in her kingdom.
Although laboratory studies have found that this mysterious food is a combination of well-known vitamins and nutrients, because of its effect on bee longevity, it has traditionally been used as a health food in many cultures for everything from weight loss, to liver disease, to an external fountain of youth.
What is 10-HDA in Royal Jelly?
10-Hydroxy-2-Decenoic Acid (10-HDA) is a kind of natural unsaturated fatty acid, which possesses strong inhibition to the growth of cancer cells, namely transferable AKR leukemia, TA3 breast cancer etc.
Recent studies show that 10-HDA possesses the effect of immuno-regulation and anti-cancer activities. It can promote the growth of Tlymphocycte subsets, Interleukin-2 and the generation of Tumor necrosis factor. 10-HDA is of significant value in medical and health care domains.
The molecular formula of 10-HDA is as follows:
Healing and rejuvenation properties of Royal jelly
Studies indicate the effectiveness of royal jelly for the following:
for tiredness and overwork, asthenia, anxiety states, insomnia and anorexia
liver diseases (hepatitis)
general exhaustion diseases
arthritis, gout, atherosclerosis
reversing the aging process
stimulating and regenerating the nervous system
for accelerating the healing and consolidation of fractured bones.
promotes sexual rejuvenation
- Used in the treatment of impotence and frigidity.
- Clearly positive effect on cardio-vascular performance.
- Normalises arterial pressure.
- By increasing the consumption of oxygen, effective in the treatment of asthma.
- Improves sense of well being, psychological stabiliser.
- Regenerates cells and tissues.
- Resistance to cold.
- Antibiotic and antiviral action.
- Analgesic in some cases of arthralgy.
- Positive action in lowering the level of cholesterol and triglycerides.
- Makes digestion easier and improves appetite.
- Combats anaemia by the production of red blood cells and synthesis of haemoglobin